Nonprofit dialysis center opens in N. Charleston | News
NORTH CHARLESTON, SC (WCSC)- A nonprofit dialysis center opened its doors in North Charleston on Thursday morning.
DCI Archdale is the first nonprofit clinic offered to patients, providing a much-needed resource for those in need suffering with renal failure.
Procedures at the clinic last from three to four hours, and patients will not be turned away if they cannot afford the treatment.
"Obviously if they have insurance we take insurance, but if they don't it's just a process of getting some paperwork out of the way," said Debbie Batten, a nurse manager at the facility.
Much of the clinic is decorated with donated artwork and medical equipment from people in the Lowcountry, and Home Department Manager Cynthia Martin says, all with one goal in mind, "The patient is the reason for our existence and we're a service organization so I think DCI and the community will work will together."
DCI Archdale is located at 53000 Archdale Boulevard, off Dorchester Road near Ashley Phosphate Road.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near North Charleston
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Two arrested after citizen complaint leads to Goose Creek meth lab
- Berkeley Co. man sentenced to 17 years for home burglary
- Woman mistakenly released from Berkeley Co. jail captured in Penn.
- Amy Drive reopened following police standoff
- Deputies: Meth lab, drugs, stolen gun found in Goose Creek apartment
- Man accused of kidnapping, attempting sexual activity with child
- Dorchester investigators charge man for Harleyville home invasion
- Several Christmas parades set for this weekend
- Summerville Baptist Church presents Lowcountry Singing Christmas Tree
- Live 5 Investigates: Big crime problems in small Summerville apt. complex