North Charleston opening new community center | News
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (AP) - North Charleston is scheduled to open another place where its residents can gather.
Officials on Wednesday are holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the newly completed Thomas M. Evans, Sr. Community Center. City officials say this is North Charleston's 20th community center.
Organizers say the space will be used for neighborhood association meetings, afterschool programs and activities for seniors. It will also be a place for summer camps.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Top North Charleston Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck
- Local commuters participate in National Bike to Work Day