130+ pounds of unwanted prescription drugs collected | News
CHARLESTON COUNTY, SC (WCSC)- The Charleston County Sheriff's Office collected over 130 pounds of unwanted prescription drugs during a take-back effort in late April.
During the collection on April 28, deputies collected 131.9 pounds of the drugs.
According to the Drug Enforcement Administration, 276 tons were collected nationally.
Copyright 2012 WCSC. All rights reserved.
Top North Charleston Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorities release video of crash involving deputy, motorist
- Charleston man remembered after losing battle with Cystic Fibrosis
- Suspect sought for breaking into car, using victim's credit cards
- Deputy, woman released from hospital after W. Ashley wreck
- Local commuters participate in National Bike to Work Day