S.C. Bar Young Lawyers to host adoption expo Feb. 9 | Events
NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC) - The S.C. Bar Young Lawyers Division will host an expo to offer free information on adoption.
The annual Families Forever Fair will be held Saturday, Feb. 9 from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Felix C. Davis Community Center located at 4800 Park Circle. This event will provide the public with free information on adoption, as well as materials and one-on-one consultations.
Attorneys, agencies, and other vendors in children's services will be available to answer questions and provide help.
The expo will also include multiple workshops split into three sessions:
- Workshop A: Adoption 101—Explore the process of the different types of adoption and learn where to start.
- Workshop B: Domestic Infant Adoption—Explore the legal process of domestic adoption, the role of the attorney, requirements and the adoption process.
- Workshop A: DSS Adoption—Learn about public adoption programs, domestic and foster care adoption, available children, requirements and procedures.
- Workshop B: Financing Adoption—Where there is a will, there is a way: Creative ways to finance your adoption.
- Workshop A: International Adoption—Requirements, accreditation and choosing a country.
- Workshop B: Parent Panel—A group of parents that have adopted children (domestic, international and DSS) will share their wisdom and experience with the process.
Attendees are asked to register online for workshop sessions as space is limited. To register, click here.
Copyright 2013 WCSC. All rights reserved.